My inverts.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've never seen these before, their stunning. What is their life span? How many did you start with??
Not sure on their lifespan to be honest although I think assassins let very a couple of years at least.

I started with 14. All seemed very well. Some grew a lot quicker. Then I just started losing them. Massively upsetting as some seemed to be thriving. Then more died. They always got gut loaded feeders. I'm still at a loss.

It's certainly put me off getting any more.

Although don't let my terrible experience put you off. They are easy to care for and are pretty much bulletproof usually.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Not sure on their lifespan to be honest although I think assassins let very a couple of years at least.

I started with 14. All seemed very well. Some grew a lot quicker. Then I just started losing them. Massively upsetting as some seemed to be thriving. Then more died. They always got gut loaded feeders. I'm still at a loss.

It's certainly put me off getting any more.

Although don't let my terrible experience put you off. They are easy to care for and are pretty much bulletproof usually.
It would upset me as well. I'm really drawn to the unique/rare, I've never encountered the Assasin and it's name alone is just cool lol. I would have to do some research and see if it's something I could do, and hearing about your losses does make me
Hesitant.

basin79

ArachnoGod
It would upset me as well. I'm really drawn to the unique/rare, I've never encountered the Assasin and it's name alone is just cool lol. I would have to do some research and see if it's something I could do, and hearing about your losses does make me
Hesitant.
They are absolutely stunning. Beautiful, beautiful inverts. Definitely give them a go. You won't regret it.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
They are absolutely stunning. Beautiful, beautiful inverts. Definitely give them a go. You won't regret it.
Thanks so much! Glad I found your posts! Where did you acquire yours? I'll have to look into where I can find them.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I got mine off ebay of all places.
I love eBay, I'll for sure look there then. I live in California so hopefully they ship to me. So you started with babies then and raised them up? Did you try to breed them?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I love eBay, I'll for sure look there then. I live in California so hopefully they ship to me. So you started with babies then and raised them up? Did you try to breed them?
I've only got 1 adult. The others are smaller.

I did keep white spot assassins years ago and they bred. Nothing to do with me though. I'd just find nymphs. They just get on with it.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
BugsInCyberspace is an online invertebrate shop near California where you can find many kinds of insects. He also occasionally sells this species and other very similar assassin bugs, but I would do a bit of research before you consider buying them.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
BugsInCyberspace is an online invertebrate shop near California where you can find many kinds of insects. He also occasionally sells this species and other very similar assassin bugs, but I would do a bit of research before you consider buying them.
Yes I've heard of bugsincyberspace. I've been reading about the Assasin, keeping doesn't seem difficult, but seems quite a few people have experienced unexplained losses. As tough as it appears, perhaps it's not meant for captivity.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My Hierodula Majuscula has laid a second ooth and lost a leg. Still hasn't affected her appetite.