My Hatchling California Mantis trouble feeding

The Centipede

Arachnosquire
I have researched about what to feed my mantis Hatch ling, and i found this guy who said raw hamburger meat in a little ball hanging from a fishing string works well. i tried it and he will grab it and eat a little but he always lets go and hardly eats any of it. i am not sure if he's ready to molt, or if i need to try a different method. one of my friends suggested propping it from a stick across the cage so i don't have to hold the string but that didn't work either. could someone please tell me they're method of madness used for Mantis hatch ling feeding?

DETHCHEEZ

Arachnosquire
LOL

Who Ever Told You That Was An Idiot

If it's L1 / a hatchling
Feed it fruit flies pinhead crickets or anything of similar size

The Centipede

Arachnosquire
Thanks DETHCHEEZ, he ate a fruit fly this morning doing great! actually i tried a fruit fly before i read your post. but it still helps. and yes he's an L1/ hatchling thanks a million and ya i got that info from some guy on instructables LOL that's what i get for listening to an instructable. i should have just asked you guys before.

DETHCHEEZ

Arachnosquire
Guess I really shouldn't go around calling people idiots
But that really was far from the best advice

Just pump like 8 - 10 fruit flies in with it every day or two / They eat a lot
&
You should be fine

Best Of Luck

The Centipede

Arachnosquire
ya well i guess your right it ain't very nice...but OK thanks i will do that:biggrin: he ate another small fly this morning doing good now he looks nice and healthy Thanks.