My girl been busy!!!

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just took this great pic of my female OBT... Take a look what she's done in the past week to her new enclosure and she's still webbing it up as I type this!!! Absolutely an AMAZING species I swear!!!

By the way... no she's not gravid about to lay a sac and she just molted about a month ago. She's just more like an eight legged architect with a passion for building!!! Crickets faint at the sight of her web nightmare!!! :D

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice work she has done! They can web up quite quick. Nice looking T u have there as well!

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
geeee why doesnt my OBT make suck a cool webbing..

ganan go smack her and age her to wake up to do some work

oops almost forget she is scary haha

BTW awsome pic

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OBTs

geeee why doesnt my OBT make suck a cool webbing..

ganan go smack her and age her to wake up to do some work

oops almost forget she is scary haha

BTW awsome pic
Yah its wierd some really do and some don't. I have noticed a smaller cage seems to promote them to do this more though. Some of mine have the huge webs and some just have a tiny web surrounding them only. Most of the ones in really large cages are the one with small webs though.

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think the size of the cage matters. When I moved my OBT's to the larger cages I use for my adult pokies they quit webbing up the whole tank and stuck to making hides on the floor.
Nice pic I miss all the webbing!

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your right actually about the size of the enclosure enticing them to web it up. A medium sized environment does help. However, a good tip on how to entice your OBT to web up it's enclosure is the following...

DO NOT supply the enclosure with a hide of some sort.

Something else that I've learned from watching this species is that when given a hide they will tend to take it up as residency and not bother going crazy with the webbing... I mean why would they right?

Instead, DO NOT supply them with a hide and sit back and watch the majic happen. Your OBT will DEFINITELY get to work on constructing some sort of webbed up environment of its own... maybe a webbed up burrow... or possibly a construct like in the below photo.

I do though have a few oddballs that are EXACTLY like trapdoor spiders in that all I see inside their enclosure is soil and ZERO webbing until I throw a cricket into their enclosure. The soil will literally begin to move and shake until before you know it the cricket is pulled under ground!!!

Well... I just hope this helps a few of you out who don't have OBT's that web up their enclosures. Just remember... next time you rehouse them, give them good substrate and NO hide. :D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do they web a lot as slings, too? I'm getting a couple 1" babies in about a week, and I was curious if they do the same thing. I would love to see it!

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, slings will do it too. But keep in mind however that the slings will burrow into substrate for quite a while before they start webbing up the place. I'll take a few pics now and post em up here in a sec... :D

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are three 1.5" - 2" OBT sling enclosures.

The slings actually ran into their burrow when I opened the top up to be photographed.

Few other OBT slings...

Hope you enjoy!!! :D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, even though they're little guys they still web a lot! Woohoo, I'm so excited to get mine!!! My roach colony is finally booming, so they're coming just in time! {D