My first Ts ever on the way.

Jackuul

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just ordered 5 baby Grammostola Pulchra from here. So, instead of Grammostola Rosea being my first T, I went with it's cousin.

I already have some tiny Tupperware containers ready and prepared with ventilation holes, along with a small layer of good soft substrate. I also will pick up some mealworms and baby crickets along with a cheap critter keeper for the crickets.

I will post pictures of them when they arrive :)

Later I might get a female rose just to have some handling experience.

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
congrats on getting your pulchras! will be waiting for those pics!

i'm getting two A. Versicolors next week and can't wait for them to get here.

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
5 pulchra slings as your first Ts? Starting out light I see ;P

Congrats, they are a great species, but I hope you're prepared to keep them in those tupperware containers for a long time, because they are sloooow growers.

MaThEwMoNsTr323

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
congratulations! i see James Tuttle is missing a 5pack of slings for $100. makes me wonder? mmmmm! jk/lol. goodluck! =p

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It will be about 8 years from now when the OP finally posts some pictures of his juvie pulchras. {D

Anyways, congrats on getting some nice looking T's..

Jackuul

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I plan to post pictures of them as they are when they arrive.

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that was little joke about their slow growth, not so much directed at you. :)

Bardon

Arachnopeon
Congratulations! Im so excited for the day comes that my first T. is on its way. Still pushing the mom about having one in the house. :wall:

Jackuul

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One thing is annoying me. No one has any friggen peat moss here. It's all "peat and sheep". Do Not Want.

Jackuul

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They have arrived :D

As soon as I have a moment I will take pictures of them in their new little homes. They're quite small, but when unpacking I gave each one a name, and observed behavior. Three of them reacted exactly the same (set down, then started walking around and around) to being unpacked, but two of them did not.

The one I named Beta gave me a tiny threat display and ran around his/her new area like a little racehorse.

The rest plopped down and explored normally, feeling out their new little containers.

The one I named Epsilon was transferred last in the same way as the others, and decided to try and crawl up my hand. I put it down twice, and twice while I was getting the paper towel out of the tupperware it said 'hi' by trying to crawl up my hand.

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Epsilon was just trying to be friendly. my old versicolor named Tarik would do that when i'd open his enclosure to feed him or clean out his house.

congrats on getting the little cuties!

my two versicolors and L. Parahybana dont come till next week....i'll be dieing of anticipation by then.

again congrats and can't wait to see pics of the little squirts!

Aundrea

Arachnopeon
awwwwwwwww congrats!!! Nice babies.. Just this past week I got my first T's I got two A. Versicolors from here also. They are just too cute and really neat look but also super fast!! I can feed them today so im gonna go buy some mealworms for them :D Im so excited about these little guys

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice T's. I bet it will be only 2-3 months before you get the itch for more will come...enjoy the addiction. {D

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think it's time you just made the plunge and got a pokie!;P You have more than I did at least when I got my regalis. Now man up!! Congrats on your T's:clap:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
g. pulchra was my second tarantula, raised from a tiny sling. she's definitely my favorite :D

and they're SO hardy, too. i personally think they're a great first tarantula, despite the higher price tag. enjoy!

Jackuul

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice T's. I bet it will be only 2-3 months before you get the itch for more will come...enjoy the addiction. {D
Actually I was already thinking of a large G. rosea just for handling experience and such. Right now I am having the hardest time finding a good substrate to replace the one I am using now. I swear... they all have wood chunks in them. WTF happened to straight potting soil? Plus, the only peat I can find is Peat and Sheep...