My first tarantula! A. Metallica

Kweegwin

Arachnopeon
Hello, I didn't see you sitting there.

I'm Kevin, AKA Kweegwin.

So I've been keeping scorpions for about 6 months now, never expected I would buy a tarantula. But I told myself if I ever came across a wicked looking T. in a pet store I would take it home. Sure enough, last week I went to a local pet store looking for an H. Spinifer, only to find 1 (which was incorrectly labeled as an Emperor..)

But then as I browsed some more... Wait... What is this?
It was love at first sight, The beautiful colouring and patterns of this creature were too much for the will power of my cheap dutch man background. I had to get it.

Not sure on the sex yet, I'm thinking it may be female, judging by the vivid colour, but as this is my first tarantula, I'm not 100% sure.

It is about 1.5".

Without further delay, say hello to Oogie.

Kweegwin

Arachnopeon
Google seems to agree with you. Shows how much that pet store know about arachnids.

kanito107

Arachnosquire
im curious to know how much you paid for it also, never the les its still a very beutiful t, congrats on your purchase!

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep that's A. vesicolor.
FYI - that stick in your enclosure will probably mold fairly fast. try cork bark
or something artificial but not sharp . Cool T. very nice colors that change !

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They should not even be called A. metallica, its A. cf metallica:)

richoman3

Arachnosquire
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
id do anything for an exotic T like that!
if someone found something like this in australia (never will lol) itd easy go for $500+.
amazing