My first post sharing my past scorpions and stingrays

Cowturtle

Arachnopeon
I've used the forum for information for years but I'm finally making a post. I've kept a few different socrps in the past and even bred emps before they were a big deal. I had to break down a lot of my fish tanks so I'm getting back into scorpions. Currently I only have a desert hairy but I plan on getting a vinegaroon within the week and probably some hotter species next month.

Attachments

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a Heterometrus sps., some dealers sell them as imperators, it's really a problem but to them it's not a problem as long as they think you will never know. I guess there are some that invert dealers that honestly don't know the difference that aren't really interested enough to look into it. Those stingrays are cool.

Cowturtle

Arachnopeon
That's a Heterometrus sps., some dealers sell them as imperators, it's really a problem but to them it's not a problem as long as they think you will never know. I guess there are some that invert dealers that honestly don't know the difference that aren't really interested enough to look into it. Those stingrays are cool.
Oh man just assumed it was an emperor I got it pre-ban when almost every black scorpion was labeled as an emperor.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh man just assumed it was an emperor I got it pre-ban when almost every black scorpion was labeled as an emperor.
It bugs me that pet co's lie like that, the ones that know the diff anyway. There are people getting into it after the ban/restrictions that haven't seen a lot of them like us older dooods have so they are unsure and get taken advantage of. I bought my first one when I was a teenager in the late 70s, they were so easy to get for around 4 decades so I can spot them pretty fast.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@Cowturtle nice collection so far.

If you are going to handle, I implore you to do so sparingly and close to the ground so if it falls it won't fall to its death.

Cowturtle

Arachnopeon
Yep I try not to handle my personal scorpions unless I'm moving them somewhere to take some pics. At work though I frequently do to get them out for customers or clean their cages. Also I got the vinegaroon today.

Attachments