My Favorite T

Gerulf

Arachnopeon
Don't get me wrong I love all of my Ts but when I got my P. irminia last week it was love at first sight. the store was going out of business as you may have read in my other thread, so I had to pack all of my Ts myself. Even though I had read that P. irminia was a fast T, it still took me by suprise when I moved the log it was hiding under and it bolted out of the cage and up my arm, it stopped long enough for me to see how pretty it was and ran back down my arm to the outside of the cage and onto the store floor. Luckily I had the deli cup ready and put it over the T before it could run anywhere else. The speed of that T was a grand step up from my smithi and roseas. The speed, on top of it being a great looking T, has made it my favorite.

As a result I am now in the market for more speedy Ts. I would like to know your recommendations!

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For speed, P. murinus, H. maculata, and T. gigas should all have you on your toes. Only trouble with the P. murinus and H. maculata is that they both will bite pretty readily along with running so quickly, and have potent venom to boot.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
+1 on the gigas! Just got one a week ago, and this little booger is one of the most exciting/quick T's I've ever seen!!! P. murinus are also pretty quick, but I don't find mine as interesting as my gigas :D

Austin

Arachnosquire
my H. mac is the fairly quick, and Docile so far. He/she is still a juvi still has some molting to do. But is very flighty, for example. While feeding, I normaly tong feed if I haven't seen them take a roach in a while, But anyway I had a roach in the tongs and was letting it tickle some of the web. Did that for 10 minutes straight no movement, so I decide ok I'll just let the roach run down the bark cave to his death. I grab my flashlight, and released the roach. That cockroach didn't even slow down enough to wink at my H.mac. Ran straight down to the very Bottum of the hide, and Spooked the hell out of my H. mac. As I was watching the roach run in all the sudden I just see White, first Thought was Oh Crap. Second thought was WHERE DID HE GO!!! my Mac had ran out of the bark hide down the outside of it hit the substraight ran to the corner, ran up the corner of the enclosure and hit the top of the cage and stopped. I lost all vision on him after he came out of his hide. haha. I'll throw a pick of my enclosure to let you guys see. haha its pretty big for the lil guy right now. But in that case I am glad it was.

Attachments

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While feeding, I normaly tong feed if I haven't seen them take a roach in a while
A quick look at the bite report for this species will probably make you think twice about doing that ;)

Gerulf

Arachnopeon
Well, it seems Jamie has a H. mac special going on $20 for a sling and enclosure. So I may jump on that.