My Emp

Gravy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello all

Im a little worried about my emp, i recently put him in a new tank with pottingsoil/vermiculite mix approx 5-8 inches high (in dif places) the temp /humidity is 80-80 or just over in both cases. I put in a flat rock to allow him to burrow under which he has, on monday for about 2 hours he dug it out constantly during the day (my room if naturally quite dark) and now he seems to be inside but the question is i haven't seen him since then should i be worried normally i see him every night without fail :E
Should i pick up the rock and see whats happening? could he be molting? hes not mature yet hes around 3.5 inches.

Any ideas of whats up if indeed there is anything up would be welcomed :)

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
With emps, you generally know you are doing things right when you never see them.

Cheers,
Dave

Gravy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ah ok well i checked on him anyway he didn't like me much for it anyway he's settled again now just didn't want his burrow collapsing on him or anything i've only had him for 3 weeks so im no expert.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how heavy is that flat rock, that may collapse on him if he digs out a den underneath it

Gravy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually the rock is fairly heavy however i compacted all the soil and then compacted the rock onto it so it should be stable enough :)