My Emp has had babies but she won't eat

Gilbz

Arachnopeon
:(
My Emp had babies 6-7 days ago.
So reading on this forum I thought I would mist the tank a little and then chuck in a dead Locust (it's all I had at the time)

The next day the locust is still there so I squished another but that one is still there!

Last night my Emp actually showed her face as she has always been under her log with her babies.
She went straight over to where the heat pad is up against the side of the glass and stayed there for a few hours.
We counted 11 babies!

Anyway this morning she is back under her log again.

So what do I do?
How often should I mist the tank?
Should the humidity be higher for her at the moment?
What about the temperature?
Should I squish a few crickets and stick them near the entrance to her log?

Thanks in advance! I really want to keep these blighters alive after loosing my other emp when she had some babies:(

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most scorpions with babies on their back wont eat untill all of the babies have left her back.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dont worry about feeding her untill the babies have molted once and climbed off her back and you have seperated them. Then you can feed mom.

Gilbz

Arachnopeon
Hey Brian I have to apologise lol (hides head in shame!)

When our other Emp had a baby a couple months ago I read your topic and joined the forum!

I totally forgot I read it and when I did a search after this Emp had the babies I must've skipped over your topic!

Our first Emp actually died and so did the only baby she had so I guess I'm a bit on edge :-(

Thanks anyway to everyone who posted!!!!!