My corn snake is ill!!!!!!!!!!!!

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive found out that my corn snake has respiratory problems im taking it to the vet on tuesday my fingers are crossed as it could be serious ive been told. :( :8o :( :8o

chris73

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it's not too severe yet, you can help it along for the time being. Put the animal in a sterile and DRY cage and raise the temps a bit. This will help until you can get it medicated.

Good luck and watch those temps in the future!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I used to use ceramic elements with my ratsnakes to give them a really hot basking spot. It helps a lot in keeping them healthy. Expensive initial investment but they cost little to run and last a very long time.

jmadams

Arachnopeon
Just keep the humidity down. If it is early, you should have no problems. I had a scarlet milksnake that had one a few weeks back. The vet fixed her right up.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My ball python had a respiratory infection about half a year ago. Bring your snake to the vet ASAP and they will more than likely give your snake a shot of Batrol (sp)? This antibiotic cleared my snake right up. Good luck.

Ishkabibble

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with Chris and Ggirl, raise the temp of its enclosure up to 95 deg. (keep an ample supply of fresh water readily available) till you get it to the Vet. My Ball was wheezing once, and I couldn't get into my vet for a day, so I raised the temp to 95 deg. and by the time I made it to the vet appointment, the wheezing had resolved itself. But still see the vet no matter what.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry your snake is ill. care to post how your snake is kept? maybe we can give you some pointers to prevent it from happening again.

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i use to have this problem with my ball pythons,,corn snakes and burms..if you catch it early enough wipe some vicks vapor rub on the side of the tank ..this helps alot ..this is what my first encounter with a vet told me to do and i have never been back to a vet since and that was over 4 years ago..hope this helps every one a bit...but i am no vet ..just sharing what my vet told me to do and i have had very good luck with this...hope every thing is ok

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was using the account of roach dude while my account was getting sorted out and my corn is now fine

ReptilianQueen

Arachnopeon
reptillian said:
i was using the account of roach dude while my account was getting sorted out and my corn is now fine
That's good to hear! I myself have three cornsnakes. What color morph is yours? I have a Hypomelanistic Okeetee, Snow and Aztec.

Last edited:

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dunno its like an okeetee phase its about one year old now. My cousin has an adult and it is just like a normal corn it is 5 foot long it is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its funny how we both have are user as reptilian but i spelt mine wrong! lol