My Brazilain Salmon Pink Birdeater Not Eating!

chrissa36

Arachnopeon
One of my t's (female Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeater "Zilla") hasn't eaten in over 3 wks. I offered her a dubia roach the other night and she refused it! I'm wondering if possibly she's still in pre-molt or getting ready to molt?! The last time I looked, her abdomen did look dark so I'm guessing she's getting ready to molt soon?:eek:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sound like pre molt. She knows what she's doing. Do you have a picture?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Could be in pre-molt, if not then its not hungry, both my LP's always eat, except when they are full or pre-molt, T's are all different in the same genus so, what ever it doses is normal if not just ask.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
three weeks is nothing to worry about when dealing with T's could be premolt, but if not its only been three weeks, that's like one of us skipping breakfast one day

komokenison

Arachnopeon
I have 3 Brazilian salmon pinks. 1 molted almost 3 months ago. 2 are still waiting and in pre molt. they are all from the same sac, therefore are the same age. As they get older the longer it takes and temperature has a lot to do with it too. It is now "winter" in my basement - meaning that with the A/C temps are colder so it may take a lot longer that before here.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Search forum, use "Examples of premolt" - enjoy ;)