My birds

Fisher

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty new to keeping arthropods, but I'm considerably less new to keeping birds. I started out with one button quail and one finch. Throughout the couple years I've had them, I've ended up with three quails and five finches (3 societies, 2 zebras), as well as a ringneck dove. The quail are all related (dad and two sons), and all the finches were rescues/adoption and so is the dove.

Here are the three quail. Scottie on left, Milo in middle, Quesarito on right. Milo is the dad, Scottie is from the first clutch, Quesarito from the second
IMGP4336.jpg

Here's (most of) my finches. The ones in the first pic are the societies, Gidget left, Anna middle, and Darwin right. Gidget had some type of skin problem and lost feathers that never grew back which is why she looks kinda scrappy
The second pic is Pip, on of the zebras. Not pictured is Amy, who's just a standard grey female zebra finch
IMGP4254.jpg IMGP4252.jpg

And finally my dove, Romeo! he gets two pictures because he's special. he's the only of my birds tame enough to let fly around on purpose, lol. he really likes to coo at me, and when he jumps from one perch to another he'll make this kind of laughing noise which I just love.
IMGP4350.jpg IMGP4365.jpg

I've also got cats but I'll save that for later.

that's all! ask me anything about em and/or share your own birds!

Attachments

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Button quail, are those the ones that some eastern Asians would use as handwarmers?

Fisher

Arachnopeon
Button quail, are those the ones that some eastern Asians would use as handwarmers?
I've never heard that before but I'd guess the ones you're thinking about would be coturnix quail since they're larger. A button quail hardly fits in my hand, much less on it, lol