My backyard project

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I was wandering around and thought I would mess around with the camera for a bit. These are all taken around my house in Ravenel SC, USA. Some during the day and a few at night of some of the larger insects around my porch/driveway. Due to the sheer variety of flora and fauna of the SC low country, I decided to make an ecology session out of it. So I will be posting new pics every week of all the creatures and plants that comprise this beautiful ecosystem.

Attachments

roachkid

Arachnopeon
Lovely! I also live in SC but in the upstate. It's so strange how different the flora there is even though we're relatively close! :>

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Looks like good myrmekiaphila habitat! You're so lucky to be able to find saw-palmetto woodland intact! This happens to be one of my favorite plant communities, some day i hope to visit these areas!

Akai

Arachnobaron
Gorgeous pictures. I love the Carolinas. I lived in NC as a child an I have a lot of fond memories of my youth there. Especially Myrtle Beach. You look like you live in bog country. Are there a lot of native carnivorous plants near you? I'd love to spend the day trekking thru the SC low country with camera and catch cups in tow. :)