My attempt to breed crickets

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dunno if it will work,i have been experimenting for a few weeks but last few days they have been singing day and night:D it's like sleeping it the country lool one big female was messing with the soil this morning hopefully there will be some eggs :D this heat cable is very good by the way (the small one 25 watt),it keeps a constant 27.5-28.5 degrees which is perfect for them,but they need water every now and then to avoid dehydration

Last edited:

BigBryan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
good luck but i hear alot of things about breeding crickets.. mostly about the annoying noise and the smell... im thinking of breeding roaches though!... omg right when i type this theres a cricket on my wall.. i dont knwo how they get out...

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah i know about the "singing" and the smell which is not realy annoying unless you open the tank{D i just wanted to give it a try just for fun :)

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what really annoys me is that even the silent crickets sing wTH

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah that i wasnt expecting actually coz these are the ones i have..i just thought they would..do it some other way lol until they started singing.well,if they become annoying i'll throw them to my neighbourgh's balcony hehe {D

Last edited:

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow you've complicated things there haha.

Just chuck a tub of adult crickets into a bin with food egg crates and a place to lay and they'll breed like wabbits!

duente

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah i wanted to keep things compact.we electronics guys sometimes overdo it hehehe :D

Ant Worker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I did it I had 3 dozen cricks, which I mated, then put 3 females to a jar and let them lay. I thought I had failed, so I reused some of the dirt in other setup for insects and after a little bit I had little hoppers!

alucard1965

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do it the easy way I through them in my spider cage and the little bugs lay egss every where:D But most dont live long seem to drown them selfs in the water dish thank you...Well good luck with the breeding.

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha I love how you've given them walkways to the various parts of the container :D