My A. Avic.

Elleken

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a new lens for my camera and was finally able to take some decent shots. Just wanted to check if everything is ok with it. :) Kinda paranoid something will go wrong as its my first t. ya know?

Johnnyj

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm

Looks like a healthy avic to me. I see 8 legs, 2 palps, and no injuries/deformaties. Just keep the humidity and temp where your caresheet instructs and make sure there's adequate ventilation.

Good luck, nice T.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks like a healthy avic to me. I see 8 legs, 2 palps, and no injuries/deformaties. Just keep the humidity and temp where your caresheet instructs and make sure there's adequate ventilation.

Good luck, nice T.
like he said good to go;)

Elleken

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep trying to get a good picture of its underside but it sure is a skittish little thing. I want to be able to sex it and I take it there is no real way to tell from the perspective I took the pics right?

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice lens. Good bokeh.

I don't care much for my Avic. Too jumpy to handle and too shy to eat in front of me.

Good pictures, though. Avics are funny because they pretty much look black without a flash and with a flash they look crazy blue with all sorts of iridescent hair.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are You misting the cage ?

Dont - It only pi***** her off.

But nice T.
I think what this person meant to say was don't mist the T directly, it may irritate her. However, you MUST mist the cage, whether she gets sprayed or not.

Elleken

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think what this person meant to say was don't mist the T directly, it may irritate her. However, you MUST mist the cage, whether she gets sprayed or not.
Haha, yea I know better than to mist her directly. I mist the sides of her cage that she isn't in the corner of, but with the mist it always gets her a little bit. She is pretty jumpy, but still beautiful though I don't feel like handling her. The thought of her running all up and down me isn't a good one haha. She actually just got out of her cage and I was able to get her back and watch her feed at the same time. That was a nice little surprise.:D

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, yea I know better than to mist her directly. I mist the sides of her cage that she isn't in the corner of, but with the mist it always gets her a little bit. She is pretty jumpy, but still beautiful though I don't feel like handling her. The thought of her running all up and down me isn't a good one haha. She actually just got out of her cage and I was able to get her back and watch her feed at the same time. That was a nice little surprise.:D
LOL, that sounds like me. I love watching my spiders but am not at all fond of handling. Everytime one "surprises" me and I'm able to deal with it successfully, I am inordinately proud of myself. :D (Should probably be proud of the spider instead.)

Just got my first ever Avic a few weeks ago, and am absolutely amazed and fascinated by its differences from the terrestrials and its beauty. It's just a sling, so I hope I've read enough to be successful with these somewhat more delicate babies. This one eats just fine in front of me, though--it's about as reliable and eager an eater as my L. parahybana so far!

I love your head-on pics of the Avic on its plant!

--Diane