My 2cm G. Pulchra has barracaded up his hide?

Thomas94

Arachnopeon
My 2cm G. Pulchra has barracaded up his hide? he has being eating fine, but has recently physically covered the entrance too his hide with substrate, so he cant get out, he has been in his barracaded hide for just short off a week now, is this a sign off pre-molt? or is he just basically saying leave me alone? haha, thanks :roflmao:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the two go hand in hand lol...... im confused tho.. is he still eating now that hes barricaded?

---------- Post added 05-21-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

just because its closed in , it doesnt mean molt. I would THINK a molt was coming if hes stopped eating too.. is it all dingy looking? Just provide fresh water and sit back and wait. best you can do.. you can still try offering it food like once a week, but make sure to remove the items the following day if its uneaten

Prometheus

Arachnoknight
I find generally this is pre-moult behavior. I have though made a peep hole and sent a cricket in after a few weeks of no moulting action and the T's have eaten it. But did eventually moult a few weeks later... My signature says it all though :)

Thomas94

Arachnopeon
he doesnt come out whatsoever haha, too get out he will basically need too take down his wall he has built, and he did stop eating and then he built the wall, i watched him build it and it was amazing, but okay, i will still put food in just incase, thank you

---------- Post added 05-21-2012 at 08:33 PM ----------

Prometheus, thank you, il wait a little longer and if no moulting has occured il try poke a little cricket in, see if he fancies it haha

poisoned

Arachnodemon
he doesnt come out whatsoever haha, too get out he will basically need too take down his wall he has built, and he did stop eating and then he built the wall, i watched him build it and it was amazing, but okay, i will still put food in just incase, thank you

---------- Post added 05-21-2012 at 08:33 PM ----------

Prometheus, thank you, il wait a little longer and if no moulting has occured il try poke a little cricket in, see if he fancies it haha
You don't have to feed it, it's unecessary. If it's for your fun, get another T and feed it.

Thomas94

Arachnopeon
its not for my fun. i have other t's that eat, and a lot more fun too watch than my 2cm G pulchra haha, i just want it too be looked after

poisoned

Arachnodemon
You'll probably do it a favor with not feeding it. It isn't hungry if it webbed itself up and doesn't want to be disturbed (even by crickets)

Thomas94

Arachnopeon
its not webbed up, its just built a wall infront off its hide haha, he has literally moved substrate from within the hide and built it up and up until now, which the entrance is completely covered with substrate, but il take your opinion on board, thanks!

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
It isn't hungry if it webbed itself up and doesn't want to be disturbed (even by crickets)

You know this for a fact? We must have different kinds of T's then, because I've had some of mine barricade themselves inside their hide and still come out to eat when fed.

Thomas94

Arachnopeon
for a fact. im going too leave a cricket in tonight and check in the morning maybe i am wrong and he is extremley sneaky, but the wall never looks like it has moved at all. and yes it has definitely not webbed up

poisoned

Arachnodemon
You know this for a fact? We must have different kinds of T's then, because I've had some of mine barricade themselves inside their hide and still come out to eat when fed.
Or, it didn't came out to feed, but to kill what's disturbing it.

I'm just saying, that Ts are fine without food for long time, so chances are pretty high that putting food inside will do more harm than good.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well in a way, everybody is right. While i said to offer a crick once a week it IS disturbing the t. Detrimental to its health? NO! if it refuses food a couple times , just stop all together. Poisoned is right, too, by saying that the t could likely kill it and eat it (or just web it up and leave it dead) to get the disturbance away from it.
Id imagine it like a mosquito near your face while youre just dozing off for a nap.
By this time, id imagine your t is nice and full. It has all the nourishment it needs for now... Whether its going to molt or not isnt relevant really. It COULD come out in a week or a month having not molted at all. Either way, it wants to be left alone and THATS whats important.
Dont poke any holes in its web and try feeding it through it. If it is hungry /thirst /bored /wants to come out to watch tv with you it will break through the web and do it. It doesnt need assistance