My 1st molt experience!

JackieJones9008

Arachnopeon
My Avicularia versicolor just had its first molt :) I'm super stoked! He/she didn't eat for 2 1/2 weeks and I thought for sure it was going to molt. It spent most of its time on its back but nothing??? Then all of a sudden it got in its "I'm hungry" position so I offered it food. It ate 2 pinhead roaches. Then 2 days later I wake up to a fresh molt, WOO HOO! This was my 1st molt ever, as I'm very new to the hobby! It was about 7/8" before molt, I'll get another measurement in a couple days. Here are some pictures. SAM_0302.jpg SAM_0300.jpg

Femangel

Arachnosquire
Congratulations! A first molt is very fulfilling sensation :) I remember when i found the first freshly molted T i bounced up and down with joy. And when my adult LP rolled on it's back i was absolutely petrified and nervous. Exciting times! I wish u many more succesfull molts in the future!

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lucky! My two slings haven't eaten for almost a month and have completely changed color so I'm sure they'll molt soon, but still nothing:( I was almost certain my GBB would molt this week, but I guess I'll just have to wait.My p.regalis' abdomen is starting to swell over the past few days and both are webbing up a lot more, so fingers crossed!

JackieJones9008

Arachnopeon
Good luck to you! I'm sure it'll come soon. I have 5 more slings that should be getting ready to molt soon. I think my GBB with be the next tho!

JackieJones9008

Arachnopeon
tcks123, wow congrats! Nice looking little guy :)

---------- Post added 12-06-2013 at 05:14 PM ----------

Will240393, lucky you huh. I have a B. smithi sling, tiny little thing. Can't wait till it molts

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Congrats! I'm a year into the hobby with 17 Ts and even today when I found my A. purpurea molting it was super exciting and I'm glad I got to watch :) It's a very cool process!

Raivynn

Arachnopeon
Whenever I see tarantulas molting, the only that comes to mind is ...

... "I'm too sexy for my skin, too sexy for my skin..."

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When they are larger it's more interesting because you have a better view!. I hope my versi molts, this species gives me headaches unlike any other Avic species I've owned.

reunsch

Arachnosquire
I remember coming home one night after a terrible exam at University to find that my A. versicolor had moulted, which was my first moult. It brightened up my day and made me forget all about the exam.