Look at this cute eyes,... aaaaaaaaaaaaah

Find the "ugly duck" ;)

And some bad influence from Navaros and ScarryP. :p
Adrenaline RUSH :eek:

ROBTILE

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wonderfull pictures steven!
I know you will post some pictures of your mutilans.
is it true that you have all sold them?

if already ask you something, but you didn't answer the question. :D
so is it possible to hold 4 mutilans in a box of 60 x 40 x 40??

we want more... :}

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey Robtile,.. didn't i mailed you back the last time ???
sorry if i forgot,... yeah i guess 60*40*40 is even big enough for 5-6,.. beter wait what other "mutilans-keepers" have to say,...
and no,.. i haven't sold them,.... they are tooooooo cute to sel =D

i'm sure gonna order again from Cotton,... so if your in,... just PM,..
(better use the dutch forum) for handling that ;) :D

MacCleod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As said on my board...they are awesome :eek:
Those redlegs are damn nifty :}

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
First time so many Belgian reply's on this side of the boards =D

pediepablo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow nice pictures. I've been away from the boards from a while... and now when I come back I am reading all of this stuff about mutilans being a communal species. Is it true that you can house these together without any problems? No fights ever break out or anything? And is this true for all mutilans, or just a select group of them?

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
No fights ever break out or anything? And is this true for all mutilans, or just a select group of them?
haven't noticed any agression between them,...
They share their prey etc...

i'm keeping the yellowlegs away from the redlegs,...
but i guess it's more an esthetic thing then rational
;) :D

scarypoppins

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hay steven nice dude. so do you love them or what. i see you got the balls to hold them isent that great. its just to weired how they just show no aggretion at all . why do you have the reds and yellows seperated i had all mine together and thay are just fine hope you enjoy them as much as i do

jay

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Species verification

Who verified that the trade's "Chinese Red-headed" Scolopendra sp. is Scolopendra subspinipes multilans ?

Todd

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Who verified that the trade's "Chinese Red-headed" Scolopendra sp. is Scolopendra subspinipes multilans ?
Very good Question Todd,...
do you have other sources wich can proof they are NOT mutilans,...:?
according to the description of Attems they COULD well be "mutilans":? :? :?

why do you have the reds and yellows seperated
esthetics,... =D

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nice photos Steven
you lot are making me jealous with those mutilans

john

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i rather hold a centipede than a Tarantulas to tell ya the truth i used to hold my Larger Texas spp. was around 5-6" there legs fell better than tarantulas claws lol:D

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jguy001
i rather hold a centipede than a Tarantulas to tell ya the truth i used to hold my Larger Texas spp. was around 5-6" there legs fell better than tarantulas claws lol:D
I think anyone who's been bitten by both would probably tell you the fangs aren't really comparable on that same scale :)

Bill

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steve great pictures dude! Welcome to the dark side!!! ;P

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Stven,

Beautiful pics as usual. Can you post a picture of the setup you have them in? Are those plants live, and if so, what species are you using? i'm really wanting to convert some of my setups to a more natural looking environment, but i'm not 100% sure how to do it. How are the plants for light, do you need to have artifical lighting on them, or is indirect light from a window enough?
Sorry for all the questions, but one more.. :) Those photos you've taken, do you use an external flash on your camera?I've been taking a few photos recently, but i can't get the lighting right, incandescent bulbs give the picture a funny shade of colour, and i'm not often home in the day to make use of natural light.

Chees,

Dan.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Although Stevens plants look great they are artifical (at least the Monstria ones theat look like they have holes, the real plants leaves are 6 to 7 inches in width) Again they do look good:D

BigBadConrad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice

Steven,

Good stuff. Those things look so cool. I've got a few on the way next week myself. I can't wait to get them, but I think I'll leave the handling of them to you guys with bigger stones than me. No thanks!

Here is the enclosure I have ready for "The Mutilators". Does it look OK to you? I have a glass cover for 80-85% of the screen to keep it humid. I plan to put 15 of 'em in there. I think I have enough shelters, but if not I'll have to CAREFULLY stack/layer stuff since I'm out of floor space.

Thanks,
John

PS: How did you post multiple pictures in a single post?

Last edited:

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Conrad,
Is that sand you have at the botom of the tank, if so is it to hold water to keep the substrate moist and the humidity up? Also are the tubes for receiving water to hydrate the substrate? I just really want to know if this is a way you always do things and how have your results been?
It would help me alot,
Jason:)

Last edited:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
using such tubes did cross my mind once for keeping the substrate moist,... but aren't those tubes giving your pede a nice chance to crawl on to :?

but nice looking setup :}