muchos ID! important!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
okay then, i am struggling with my new arachnobusiness, but i am almost underway! the only thing remaining is to get some positive ID on these spiders! I know most of the common names, but i need the scientific ones. please help. to make it easier, i will label them alphabetically.

Ok, here we go, spider A:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spider E: Dysdera crocata
Spider I:Funnel-web Grass Spider-Agelenopsis naevia

Last edited:

orcrist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How big is spider B? I caught one nearly identical in NY state, I wonder if they're the same species?

Last edited:

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If its the spidr I ID it as, its only about a half inch in size.. I think their pretty much everywhere as I have found tem here in cali

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm sorry I can't help your more pandinus, but beuatiful specimens. glad your going into the FS though wll offer some better species to us all..

Spaceman_Spiff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
spider D could be some Tetragnatha spec (Tetragnathidae),

spider C looks a lot like Marpissa muscosa (Salticidae), which is very common here in Europe,
so it's very likely that it is established in your country as well

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Xanzo said:
H is likely Tegenaria agrestis
Looks more like some kind of sheet/funnel-web species. There are so many around here (KS) that I wouldn't know where to begin to find an ID for it though. T. agrestis, to the best of my knowledge, does not occur in KS. I think they are limited to the northwest regions of the US. Wish they could be found around here so I'm hoping I'm wrong. :D

Xanzo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am likely wrong. we have T agrestis around here, but I am not super familiar with non local true spiders.