User Msmith77's Tarantula Pictures

Msmith77

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone this is my first post here, showing off my new baby B. Albopilosum. My first spooder ever:D I went with a DIY Hobby Lobby case/enclosure for model cars.
Can't wait for Jackie to eat for the first time. Looking forward to seeing him/her grow. DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0024.JPG Hope you guys like. Any tips/comments on the enclosure would be greatly appreciated. (The white is just a dram bottle cap Jackie came in, partially buried to add support for her/his little hide hole) DSC_0026.JPG

Last edited:

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the most addictive hobby in the world! Slings are a challenge, so be sure to ask for help if you need it.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
You don't really need a water dish at that size just wet part of the substrate or you can get little ink pots like what tattoo artists use Like in @BoyFromLA Pictures apart from that nice enclosure and good luck with you're new T and welcome to the boards

Msmith77

Arachnopeon
You don't really need a water dish at that size just wet part of the substrate or you can get little ink pots like what tattoo artists use Like in @BoyFromLA Pictures apart from that nice enclosure and good luck with you're new T and welcome to the boards
Yea I was wondering what those were. I'll definitely do that when I add some cork bark. Thank you :happy:

Sashaval

Arachnopeon
plot twist: that ain't no water dish, that's a swimming pool :eek:

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
lol definitely! Really like the GBBs might consider ordering one :smug:
Yeah Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens are beautiful try and stick with NW species just now I got a phormingochilus everetti as my 3rd T it's just a sling but it's lightning fast. I got that and a psalmopeous cambrigei at the same time even though its best to get something like the p cambrigei as a bridge to old world species I don't regret it but they are incredibly fast if you're just starting out. My 1st T was a Grammostola Pulchripes there a good species and there super cheap over here

Msmith77

Arachnopeon
Update on 5/25 for this one. Jackie has molted 3 times and seems to be a happy little T. DSC_0051[2].JPG DSC_0053[1].JPG DSC_0056[1].JPG