Moving millipedes

Millipedematt

Arachnosquire
I recently discovered isopods eat baby's and freshly molted millipedes. No wonder I haven't seen as many young millipedes on the surface of the enclosure. With that being said I rounded all (well I hope all of them I looked through the substrate for almost 2 hours) the bumble bee and rusty red millipedes and moved them into an isopod free enclosure. I gave them cucumbers for the time being while I attempt to prepare some Rotting wood and leaves tomorrow.

desmess3000

Arachnopeon
Does this apply for micro and dwarf species of isopods as well?

I just couldn't imagine how those tiny guys could do so much damage to such a large millipede (even babies)
I also have isopods in one of my enclosures and am wondering if I need to do the same.

mickiem

Arachnoprince

I just couldn't imagine how those tiny guys could do so much damage to such a large millipede (even babies)
I also have isopods in one of my enclosures and am wondering if I need to do the same.
I had dwarf white that caused damage. Not sure about the micros. I'm not testing it out on my guys!

Millipedematt

Arachnosquire

Well I noticed my bumble bee millipedes breeding on the pice of wood I have in the enclosure. And now three days later all the small black, gray, purpleish bown little isopods have swarmed that particular piece of wood. So I was just like nope nope nope and gathered all of my millipedes (well I hope all) and moved them into a new enclosure.