Most PAINFUL (Not most venomous) Non Buthid or Hemiscorpius sting.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
This is just out of curiosity, I'm not out to go and get the Non-Buthidae and Non-Hemiscorpius Scorpion with the most painful sting as I kmow what I like and I just like my Desert and Dry Forest species like Hadrurus, Scorpio, Some Nebo, and Smeringurus.

I'm asking what is probably, or generally considered the most painful sting from any Scorpion not considered dangerous (I'm going by the UK Dangerous Wild Animals List so this means no Buthids or Hemiscorpius)

I'm talking pain, or lasting pain, rather than dangerous. I mean pain from the venom rather than just mechanical damage, but not envenomation that generally endangers anyone.

Thankyou.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Well, that can't really be quantified I think, so all you can go off is people's experiences.

Also, outside of Buthidae and Hemiscorpidae, I can't think of any species that I expect to be much more painful than a bee sting, based on reports from other people as well as personal experience. I've been stung by a few non-Buthids because I'm not quite as careful when I know they're absolutely harmless, and there was never really pain involved.

There are plenty of Buthidae that I would consider non dangerous though, that still have a very painful sting.

gzophia

Arachnosquire
This is just out of curiosity, I'm not out to go and get the Non-Buthidae and Non-Hemiscorpius Scorpion with the most painful sting as I kmow what I like and I just like my Desert and Dry Forest species like Hadrurus, Scorpio, Some Nebo, and Smeringurus.

I'm asking what is probably, or generally considered the most painful sting from any Scorpion not considered dangerous (I'm going by the UK Dangerous Wild Animals List so this means no Buthids or Hemiscorpius)

I'm talking pain, or lasting pain, rather than dangerous. I mean pain from the venom rather than just mechanical damage, but not envenomation that generally endangers anyone.

Thankyou.
It really depends on the person, as pain can be subjective. Sure, some scorpion families generally have more painful stings than others, but when you get to lower and more specific taxonomic levels, every envenomation is different. People have different pain tolerances, and they react to it differently-- there isn't really a flat out way to determine the most painful albeit non-dangerous sting.

For example, if I remember correctly, I once met someone at an expo who said that an envenomation from a Uroctonus mordax was more painful than one from a Centruroides sculpturatus. In fact, he claimed that the former was the "most painful" sting the individual had ever received from his 20+ species of captive scorpion. Don't quote me on this as it was several months ago, but the point is that there are a lot of variables and stings depend on the individual case.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
It really depends on the person, as pain can be subjective. Sure, some scorpion families generally have more painful stings than others, but when you get to lower and more specific taxonomic levels, every envenomation is different. People have different pain tolerances, and they react to it differently-- there isn't really a flat out way to determine the most painful albeit non-dangerous sting.

For example, if I remember correctly, I once met someone at an expo who said that an envenomation from a Uroctonus mordax was more painful than one from a Centruroides sculpturatus. In fact, he claimed that the former was the "most painful" sting the individual had ever received from his 20+ species of captive scorpion. Don't quote me on this as it was several months ago, but the point is that there are a lot of variables and stings depend on the individual case.
I suppose that's true for most foreign objects causing mechanical damage and foreign substances causing pain etc, that the pain differs from person to person. Good point.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will just add that Hemiscorpius stings usually aren't that painful, which is often why envenomations end up becoming life threatening, as people sometimes wait days to seek medical attention.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Heterometrus silenus can be annoying as hell due to local swelling and cases of pruritus. A Paravaejovis spinigerus was painful only due to deep penetration of the aculeas.

But my worst stings were Buthid stings C. vittatus for pain, swelling, and pruritus. And H. franzwerneri for eight hours of intesifyling throbbing pain over my whole thumb.