Genus Monocentropus

wormwood____

Arachnopeon
Monocentropus lambertoni?

here is my situation: Bought this spider as "Chilobrachys huahini" well it's not a chilobrachys huahini....Best guesses so far are "Chilobrachys sp. 'Malay Penang' and Monocentropus lambertoni. Although, i have messaged some people and they say it is NOT Chilobrachys, and that it looks like am M. lambertoni. It also just molted and is female, i could BARELY see the spermathecae, as it isn't fully hardened/developed yet, but it looks like it's female and i drew a crude drawing of what appeared to be spermathecae
after i drew what it looked like, i googled pictures and the spermathecae of lambertoni matched....BUT this was done seeing it with my eyes, and not a microscope so it may not be exactly drawn. N E WAYS, Here are some pictures....please tell me what you guys think i want alot of people's options/take on what they think this spider is.

Here are some other interesting facts about this spider. It does not web AT ALL. Okay, it webs a little bit, but that's because it just molted. It doesn't web like a Chilobrachys (not that all Chilobrachys web heavily, but still) It doesn't react to sudden movements, like air, moving the cage, even accidentally movements/jerking, it doesn't doesn't react. It's a slow spider. It's not aggressive, If you were to nudge it's abdomen it would walk VERY slowly/calmly forward, if you nudge it in the anterior area, it backs away and goes to a different area. It's actually quite a boring spider. It doesn't burrow, dig, anything. It pretty much just sits still all day. Bought as a ~3" specimen, maybe slightly larger...looks like it's a good 3.5 or maybe even 4" now

The day i bought it
20141204_191357[1].jpg
dense setation
20150314_044553[1].jpg
one of the only threat postures it's given me
20150314_044634[1].jpg
molt
20150522_123434[1].jpg
drawing of the spermathecae i saw (not sure why but this site always turns some of my photos to the right/left for some reason?)
20150522_124001[1].jpg

is there a way to prevent these photos from flipping, it looks awful lol

Last edited:

surfer

Arachnopeon
Yes, the spermatecae looks like by M.lambertoni! So it is M.lambertoni I gues....

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Monocentrapus balfouri juvenile

FB_IMG_1464769848178.jpg

FB_IMG_1464769861929.jpg

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Monocentropus lambertoni?

here is my situation: Bought this spider as "Chilobrachys huahini" well it's not a chilobrachys huahini....Best guesses so far are "Chilobrachys sp. 'Malay Penang' and Monocentropus lambertoni. Although, i have messaged some people and they say it is NOT Chilobrachys, and that it looks like am M. lambertoni. It also just molted and is female, i could BARELY see the spermathecae, as it isn't fully hardened/developed yet, but it looks like it's female and i drew a crude drawing of what appeared to be spermathecae
after i drew what it looked like, i googled pictures and the spermathecae of lambertoni matched....BUT this was done seeing it with my eyes, and not a microscope so it may not be exactly drawn. N E WAYS, Here are some pictures....please tell me what you guys think i want alot of people's options/take on what they think this spider is.

Here are some other interesting facts about this spider. It does not web AT ALL. Okay, it webs a little bit, but that's because it just molted. It doesn't web like a Chilobrachys (not that all Chilobrachys web heavily, but still) It doesn't react to sudden movements, like air, moving the cage, even accidentally movements/jerking, it doesn't doesn't react. It's a slow spider. It's not aggressive, If you were to nudge it's abdomen it would walk VERY slowly/calmly forward, if you nudge it in the anterior area, it backs away and goes to a different area. It's actually quite a boring spider. It doesn't burrow, dig, anything. It pretty much just sits still all day. Bought as a ~3" specimen, maybe slightly larger...looks like it's a good 3.5 or maybe even 4" now

The day i bought it
View attachment 136956
dense setation
View attachment 136959
one of the only threat postures it's given me
View attachment 136961
molt
View attachment 136962
drawing of the spermathecae i saw (not sure why but this site always turns some of my photos to the right/left for some reason?)
View attachment 136963

is there a way to prevent these photos from flipping, it looks awful lol
If you need any more opinions, I'd suggest starting a thread. Me? I have no idea.:p