Molting bleeding normal?

Garbonzo13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ran a search and found nothing on this. Just from alleged injuries only(bad molts)

Is it normal after a fresh molt to have oozing or bleeding from legs and/or body. My GBB molted and had a mealworm beetle in the cage by it in it web and I saw 2 blood drops. One on leg the other on abdomen. Both were on bottom of "T". Since then it has turned over but there is droplets of blood in webbing. Should I be concerned?

Thank you in advance.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I ran a search and found nothing on this. Just from alleged injuries only(bad molts)

Is it normal after a fresh molt to have oozing or bleeding from legs and/or body. My GBB molted and had a mealworm beetle in the cage by it in it web and I saw 2 blood drops. One on leg the other on abdomen. Both were on bottom of "T". Since then it has turned over but there is droplets of blood in webbing. Should I be concerned?

Thank you in advance.
Absolutely be concerned! Get the mealworm out of there immediately!!! It is NOT normal to have bleeding after a molt.

The mealworm has probably bitten and tried to eat your newly molted T! They are so vulnerable when they just molt. You should not be feeding it until AFTER at least 5 days when it's new exo hardens. If you have any other food-crickets, roaches, mealworms in the enclosure with your T remove them also.

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bleeding from the abdomen sounds pretty bad. Keep in mind 2 drops is a lot of blood to lose for a T. Around how big is she? I hope she recovers.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, that is bad, remove the mealworm immediately, and make sure your T has a dish full of fresh water. Is it still losing fluids?

Garbonzo13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
UPDATE.. Mealworm was lost in cage, I did not know it was there. So I was not feeding it prior to molt. I had been watching a large amount of webbing and knew it was up to something. Seems it may have been dehidrated. I have a water dish in cage but it doesn't go to it. So I sprayed a few drops onto webbing and sure enough it wandered over to water drops and sat back down. It is not as lathargic as a few days ago, I believe it is doing better now. Oh yes it is a male roughly 3"-3.5"
Sorry so big it's my first attempt at posting pics.

Attachments

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
That's a good sized T, I wouldn't be too worried yet. Keep a full water dish in easy access, and observe her behavior over the next couple days. Make sure she moves all her legs and such. Two droplets of hemolymph in all to themselves are not too big a problem for a T that size. It could have actually been water, or maybe even 'bathing fluid' you happened to miss.

Just watch for any more bleeding.

P.S. It looks like it may have matured. Try to get a better pic of the palps and front legs.

-Sean

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is he mature? I think I see spurs. If he is, better send him off?!

Garbonzo13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They mature that fast huh. 1 1/2 years. I have a mature B. Vagan also:wall: .