Molt Still Attached to Abdomen.

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
My G. pulchra just molted, but part of her molt is still stuck to her abdomen. What do I do?? Is this considered a bad molt??

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Photos?

Is it the dorsal (top) or ventral (bottom) side? Is it at the end near the spinnerettes, or up where it connects to the carapace?

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
Photos?

Is it the dorsal (top) or ventral (bottom) side? Is it at the end near the spinnerettes, or up where it connects to the carapace?
It's near the spinnerettes, I believe.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's near the spinnerettes, I believe.
The worry with that would be impaction. A photo would be really helpful.

Some people have advised using a moist cotton swab to gently wipe off stuck molt pieces... how fresh is she?

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
It's a little hard to tell since her molt blends in with the sub, and the last picture is kinda small. But it's stuck near the bottom of her abdomen. IMG_3971.JPG IMG_3972.JPG
Also, I don't know how fresh she is. I was gone while she molted.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Exoskeleton still looks white and soft. I believe the solution is a moist q-top and just gently swab it off. Never had to do this myself, but seen people recommend this every time.

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
Exoskeleton still looks white and soft. I believe the solution is a moist q-top and just gently swab it off. Never had to do this myself, but seen people recommend this every time.
Do you think I should? Or should I give her a little more time to get it off herself?

fleetwoodmcc

Arachnopeon
I would be dubious in the ability of the spider to get it off by itself at this point. You need to attempt to remove it from the area. If it hardens then you have a much more serious situation.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Do you think I should? Or should I give her a little more time to get it off herself?
Time is of the essence. I would do it now. Wet q-tip or brush. Possibly tweezers if it will come off easy enough.