mixing emps and h spinifer's

ScorpionsPDX

Arachnopeon
Ive read a lot about mixing these two species, so i decided to go ahead and give it a try. I put my H. spinifer in with a few of my emps, he went ahead and went into the hide with the emps. And was just chillin with them for a few days, living together, eating crickets together. Then, out of no where, i see a shiny piece of black something by the entrance to one of there hides, thinking it was a left over piece of a roach, it was my h. spinifer! Poor little thing was eaten all the way to the claws by one of my big emps. I don't know about you guys, but when i see a dead scorpion, its like seeing a dead cat or any other living thing. Really a sad site :(

make sure if you put species that can possibly live together in the same tank, make sure the ratio is about even.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had plety of success mixing these two species but it was always 2/2 or 2/3. But I always warn people you run a risk mixing species...Oh well one loss. A dead scorp isnt as bad as a dead cat,you get used to it.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
... Poor little thing was eaten all the way to the claws by one of my big emps. .....

make sure if you put species that can possibly live together in the same tank, make sure the ratio is about even.
I don't think it is a matter of the number ratio so much as the difference in size. You say "Poor little thing" and "big emp" How big was each scorpion? If you had a 3 or 4 inch H Spin in with 6 inch Emps, it's no wonder the scorpion was eaten.