Mites

Harry

Arachnopeon
I don't think my T has mites, but I would like to know how to identify them.

Harry

Arachnopeon
WILL SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
during the night sneak up to the tank and shine a flashlight onto the dirt. if it seems like the dirt is walking, then you have mites.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Harry
WILL SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A little patience would take you far in life. You waited a whole 30 mins before loosing it, without taking the time to think that you have posted in the middle of the day while most of us are at work or school. I’m not trying to jump you on this, but just pointing out the proper etiquette.

Your best bet would be to check the water dish for mites, as they tend to drown in it. Also do as Chuck has suggested and check late at night for activity. Also you may want to do a search on mites in the tarantula forum, as we have had a million post on the issue.

Last edited:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Harry
Sorry about that, I was a bit desperate:8o
No problem.:) I wasn't trying to be mean, though it may come off that way.;)

If find that you do have mites it is not the end of the world, you can treat them with some predatory mites.

Last edited: