mites or some sort of infection?

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hi there,

i have an Opistopthalmus spp. scorp that has what appears to be black spots on the joint of legs I and II on his right side. he was injured during a move form a damp enclosure that wasnt drying out as quickly as it should have and lost most of leg I. at first i thought it ws just black form substrate or whatever due to the injury. now i am not so sure because leg II is drying out like it will fall of any day now. i have also noticed this on one of the joints connecting his claw to his body. is this due to mites from the damp enclosue? or is it some sort of fungal infection? i have also noticed small white spots at the joints. i put in a mite trap and have caught several mites. but i am just looking for more info. will this eventually kill my scorp? he is now in a completely dry tank with a water dish. but he is reluctant to eat.
any info is appreciated.

Last edited:

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have no exp. with this but if you are able to post a few pics im sure 1 of the more exp scorp keepers can assist you ..best of luck and hope every thing turns out ok

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
since this guy is no more than 2 inches long and my camera has no macro the pics i took would be of no help. thanks anyway

JonDaAzn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it could be mycosis, do a search and there are several threads on it, but it can be fatal but should go away if the scorp molts

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so maybe its a combo of mycosis and mites...another question how contagious is mycosis? can my t's or other scorps get it? is it transferable to other species like human, cats, dogs, etc...? i did a search but this just lead me to more questions.