Missouri Tarantulas

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have any of you in Missouri caught them for pets? how are they as far as temperments, and where is their habitat usually?

bio teacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The tarantula you would find in Missouri would be Aphonopelma hentzi. They are probably one of the most docile, handable tarantulas there are. Besides that they are gorgeous. Very underrated.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We have a lot of A. hentzi around where I live. They are very easy to keep and very enjoyable...just like bio teacher said..

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Have any of you in Missouri caught them for pets? how are they as far as temperments, and where is their habitat usually?
They have the best, most docile temperment of any tarantula I have in my collection. As bio teacher said, VERY under rated.

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
** Hangs head in shame **

I've lived in Oklahoma and KC and have still never seen a local T... sigh. I would very much like to witness the splendor.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
** Hangs head in shame **

I've lived in Oklahoma and KC and have still never seen a local T... sigh. I would very much like to witness the splendor.
Don't feel bad. I have your cure. lol You need to head down to one of the bug hunts with me. We flipped rocks and found hundreds of them, along with a ton of other stuff.

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't feel bad. I have your cure. lol You need to head down to one of the bug hunts with me. We flipped rocks and found hundreds of them, along with a ton of other stuff.
Sounds fun, but I'm extraordinarily lazy. You may have to flip some rocks for me. :D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sounds fun, but I'm extraordinarily lazy. You may have to flip some rocks for me. :D
lol, last time I flipped enough rocks for the whole crew.

They are not hard to find once you know where to look and I've plucked them out of the ground with my hands and not one of them has even kicked hairs. That's a layed back species.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
man i wish i could come
the only spiders i find here are wolfies
when i get a car i wanna come
when do you go cheetah?
and where at in oklahoma?

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awesome thanks!!! We have a great nature center and great trails that I may be lucky enough to find one

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've got 3 A. hentzi slings but they just grow sssssssoooooooooooooooooooo sssssssssssssssllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah but I just love the molting process!! It's so awesome for my kids to see too. My 11yr old daughter has a eyeclops that connects to the TV and magnifies 200 times and then one to take pictures on the computer, so soon I will post pics of my t up close and personal!!!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

tarantellajen

Arachnopeon
Darn, I missed it! I didn't know there was a group that bug hunted in Missouri. I've always wanted to find a Missouri tarantula, but I don't think there are any where I live (St. Louis area). I definitely want to go next year.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is the kind of thread I love to see on this board ! One of this days I would love to be able to take a plane ride south and join you folks. It sure looks like a great time. :D

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We're from the Oklahoma city area so we might go next spring with you guys :D