Millipede heating and questions

Harrybowhead

Arachnopeon
So I am currently keeping purple ivory millipedes and they seem to be totally okay. They are burrowing a lot, I have three, normally I always find one on the surface. They eat a lot of the dead oak leaves. How normal is it for this species ti burrow a lot?

Also I’m planning on getting a lot more millipedes, how well do giant African millipedes do in like room temp. My room is generally almost always quite warm as I keep all of my animals in there. Sometimes the window is open a bit especially on a very hot day. So will African giant millipedes, bumblebee millipedes, Scarlett’s, and smokey oak be alright at room temp. Breeding would be nice but if they don’t I’m not too bothered, they would be pets.

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I've kept all these species together at around 23-26°C (75-80°F) room temp, and they did well, all breed except the African Giants.

I've since moved and my new place is a more constant cool at 21-22°C (70-72°F) room temp. The bumblebees aren't as active (and no new babies), but I haven't noticed any changes in the other species. I have new ivory and scarlet babies, but still no African Giant babies.

Disclaimer: I don't use heating pads on them but the temperature in the tanks are usually a degree or two higher than room temp.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
All millipedes burrow a lot. This is normal behavior and isn't a cause for concern.

Bumblebees, Scarlets, and AGB adults will thrive at warmer temperatures (24-25C, 26C max for the Bumblebees and Scarlets), while Smoky Oaks prefer it around 22-24C.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts