Mesobuthus martensii gestation

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't find an answer anywhere. I've search Google, I've searched the boards and notta.

What is their average gestation period for those who know or have bred them.
Also, how communal are they together at 2i? Can I just leave mom and slings together or with a large communal group of adults.

I plan on buying several 10-15 adults for a 20-30gal setup with live plants (cactus) and stuff. As some of you know I've kept them before for a very short period due to them coming with a bad case of mycosis.

I also have what I think is a female right now and has been getting large, well it was fat when I got it and I haven't feed it for about 2 months. I guess I should say it won't eat. It hasn't lost weight over this time period but gotten larger.

I can kind see the strip under the exo so it could be a premolt thing. Here are some shots I just took. Side horizontal shots aren't clear and the wall is kinda foggy so can't see anything so I have ventral shots.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love these tricarinate species, why dont we have any in Oz?? I dunno!

I can't answer your question, as I dont have access to scorpions from outside of Australia, however, I might be able to help based on experience.
I would be assuming a GP of 3-4 months. Separate them at 2I after they leave mum and keep them together with a lot of available hiding places.

Either pre-molt or pre-parturition, I'd tend to say pre-molt, I'm sure you will find out. Good Luck.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Still like an answer from a source or a breeder. I guess many people don't have them. Now I must start a colony of M&M's.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had these have babies but the thing is I never actually saw the mating so I can't even give you an estimate.
-Eddy

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Damn, are these really so under bred, collected, and studied?
Did your female look close to this when they were gravid?
Do you have any adults? I'd like to get a lot of them.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
as matter of fact it looked NOTHING like taht it was smaller. Bigger than most other ones but not THAT fat. Forgot how many she gave me I only have 2 of her babies left.
-Eddy

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
after over 1yr
i hope someone was able to breed these and can say something of their GP
guys i also need your answers

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
its a very easy to breed socrpion and is one of the only species of scorpion that is commercially bred and farmed. they are commonly bred in massive quantities in china for use as food, bait, holistic medicine, and tourist souveniers. if you or someone you know can speak chinese i would suggest that chinese websites would probably have a plethora of information on breeding. this is one of my favortie species, though they arent available as often as they used to be here in the US.

John

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Im not from China but back home we also have a plenty of them in captivities. As far as i know, 8-9 months according to an article online in my language.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
good luck,.
btw, i don't know why they are not many avaialble these days..

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
8-12 months. upto 50+ brood.

for martensii??? never heard of any...
where did you get that info? were you able to breed them? :eek:

:rolleyes:
hope my emperors and other heterometrus can give me that size of brood
but i know its hopeless :wall:

Brandelmouche

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Me, for my M.martensii it's 4.3 monts but the female are gravide before i buy it, and she give me 32 helty youngster. ;)

venomshock

Arachnopeon
for martensii??? never heard of any...
where did you get that info? were you able to breed them? :eek:

:rolleyes:
hope my emperors and other heterometrus can give me that size of brood
but i know its hopeless :wall:
just diggin' up the net :cool:

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Hi there, I will be getting my martensii tomorrow I just want to know how to gender them? are there sexual demorphism when they become adults? How long will it take for them to grow to i7 from 4-5i?

Thanks