Megaphobema robustum mating attempt

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I recently recieved a mature male M robustum from Greg of Indiana Exotics with the hopes of him finding romance with both of my females. I left him over night with my largest female during the week I recieved him. That female has since baracaded herself in the burrow but I fear she might be preparing to molt. The smaller female also spent a night with the male but I saw no action and not sure if anything had happened. Last night I put him with the smaller female again and immediately he started drumming, she replied back by drumming with her first 2 pairs of legs. Once the male figured out where that was coming from he approached her and she acted as though she was happy to see him. It appears that a good insert or 2 was made. After mating they separated and I then placed the male back in his box. I plan to pair them again in a few days. If the larger female is actually going to molt I wish she would hurry up.

Keep your fingers crossed on this one!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Beautiful spiders!

Good luck with the breeding! It would be great to get more of these guys around!

--Joe

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have 2 females so hopefully I can get sac out of at least one of them

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Beautiful T's, GL with the breeding, they are a good lookng pair.

PIG-

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good stuff dude...:clap:

i've got some inca cola...................

moose

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok! Let's open this baby up!

Well holy cow! I see kids in there! :D

These babys are huge!!! I am very surprised at the size of these!

I am rather pleased with this ;)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
:eek: Awesome Brian !. How many all together? any bad eggs? Congrats :worship:

Later, Tom

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice! Awesome job successfully breeding this species and getting some new slings in the hobby:clap: .

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
:eek: Awesome Brian !. How many all together? any bad eggs? Congrats :worship:

Later, Tom
Tom,
No bad eggs, not many babies but damn these things are big!!!! I am celebrating with Pina Coladas now so I wont be counting until tomorrow. I cant see very straight right now LOL

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I am excited and they arent even mine!!! Are ya going to sell any. Im interested if they arent all spoken for.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I am excited and they arent even mine!!! Are ya going to sell any. Im interested if they arent all spoken for.
A few have been spoken for since last Summer, I will keep a few and if there are any extras then yes I will sell them. Watch the classifieds here and at www.venomlist.com :)

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations! That's great! Can you tell me the size of your females and male? Any pre or post care? Temps?

Thanks in advance!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congratulations! That's great! Can you tell me the size of your females and male? Any pre or post care? Temps?

Thanks in advance!
Both were about 5 inches give or take. As for care just keep them on deep/moist substrate as they are burrowers. At the time of mating they were at 75F and later I moved the female in the scorpion room where temps are around 80F. She made the sac in the warmer temps.

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, I know how to keep them, just wanted to know the actuall size, as I have some near 5 inch mark and one is female, 2 unsexed still.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks, I know how to keep them, just wanted to know the actuall size, as I have some near 5 inch mark and one is female, 2 unsexed still.
They are pretty difficult to breed but at least you have a few to work with. I believe that a large enclosure like in the pics in the first post is essential in breeding these and the other "more difficult" big itchy spiders.