Mean ol' Rosie

Joeyo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, i have this rosie. I've had her for over a year now and boy is she MEAN. When her water dish gets low, she'll sit right beside of it, sometimes in it, and i'll have to touch her with a brush to get her to move. Almost everytime i put that brush in there, she bites it. When i put a new hide in for her, she bit at that too! Is this uncommon for rosies? She's VERY aggressive. She even bites at the water when i pour it into her dish!

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My rosie is a total lazy lump, who tends to sort of slow-motion run/cringe in fear whenever anything happens whatsoever. But he/she/it attacks the water, too. I think they mistake the vibrations of the falling water for crickets. Given how obsessed mine is with eating, it wouldn't surprise me. And every time he does it, gets his toes wet, and clings to the ceiling...and still hasn't learned. {D

My GBB will launch across the critter keeper to attack water, but she's a psycho anyway. {D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds just like my rosie. Nasty tempered and more then willing to bite.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my sweet old rosie turned into a mean machine after she molted... exactly the same behavior as yours... i guess they have their good molts and their bad molts :D

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
waldo said:
Sounds just like my rosie. Nasty tempered and more then willing to bite.

Yep, sounds like all EIGHT of mine! At times, they will be very calm and lazy, then, when you least expect it, they'll whirl around and do their best to nail you! Two of them are consistently aggressive, and with one, I mean come-out-of-the-enclosure-and-make-a serious-effort-to-bite aggressive! I have never seen or had an G. rosea that did not give me at least one or two serious threat poses, fangs bared and all. This is also the only species that's ever bitten me. My L. parahybana is an absolute doll in comparison, as is my A. moderatum, two species that I'd always read were quite aggressive.

pitbulllady