Maximizing Breeding

tmcv

Arachnosquire
Does anyone have any success on keep new born scorpions out of the mother's back?
Any tips?

Thanks

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes. GS has a good write up on it. If they fall off moms back you can put them in a delicup with moist paper towels just moist enough to touch not soaking and add heat. It's an incubator of sorts. But dont pull babies off moms back if you dont have too....i dont know what this has to do with you title. You want to remove the babies to breed again?

tmcv

Arachnosquire
Thanks!
No no, i'll not remove the babies, but sometimes one or another fell off. Usually it works well put the new born in the back of the mother or another scorpion with babies, but sometimes, in collective vivariums, we have a lot of new borns in the ground... And every new born dead is a huge loss, because we produce anti venom serum....
I've tried put in a incubator like cup, but the animal usually die.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Usually people have had success...not 100% but still pretty high success with that technique. It does have to be done ASAP. Good luck.

voldemort

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks!
No no, i'll not remove the babies, but sometimes one or another fell off. Usually it works well put the new born in the back of the mother or another scorpion with babies, but sometimes, in collective vivariums, we have a lot of new borns in the ground... And every new born dead is a huge loss, because we produce anti venom serum....
I've tried put in a incubator like cup, but the animal usually die.
Correct me if I am wrong, does "this" mean there are more than one brooding mother in one vivarium?

If so, I suggest separate a gravid female and let her pop in isolation. Chances are, there are other female who'll be munching on slings, which can add to your loss. Plus the stress factor.

Hope this helps.