Sorry for question it, but You sure that is an A. geniculata? :eek:

So the mating didn't succeed?

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
priZZ said:
Sorry for question it, but You sure that is an A. geniculata? :eek:

So the mating didn't succeed?
I'm not sure what that one is, I have to check with scott, but in retrospect it does look more like cromatus. The male was very interested in mating and did an elaborate dance, waving legs around, vibrating, etc. But the female would have none of it. Maybe stage fright

Last edited:

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ws noting on this and your other mating post with the L parahybanas that they are meant to do their bussiness outside their enclosure. Don't they get more stressed if they are in a place they feel less familiar with and have a higher chanse of failing. This is just a thought that occured to me and I don't have any experiences of matings or facts to back this thought up.

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wh1teshark said:
I ws noting on this and your other mating post with the L parahybanas that they are meant to do their bussiness outside their enclosure. Don't they get more stressed if they are in a place they feel less familiar with and have a higher chanse of failing. This is just a thought that occured to me and I don't have any experiences of matings or facts to back this thought up.
I have seen many spiders (Tarantula and other) mated outside their enclosure/burrow both in the wild and in captivity. If the female is fresh (recently molted and able to mate) and the male is doing his part (vibrating, waving legs etc) then 90% of the time it will be fine.