Marguerite Jane Schultz: 1922 - 2011

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Our deepest condolences go out to you and your family Stan. She was a wonderful person and it was our pleasure to have met her. The world just became darker with her passing.

With deepest sympathy,
Scott and Debby

sent from my Droid Incredible using tapatalk

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
My deepest sympathies, to you and your family, Stan. I fondly remember spending so many evenings with you and Marguerite. Marguerite was one of the sweetest, strongest, coolest women that I have ever known, and she was a damn fine baker, too...I loved those cookies. ;) She will be very missed. Our thoughts are with you.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tonight at LMAP I will be sure all of us arachnid enthusiasts who owe a debt of gratitude to Marguerite for enhancing, inspiring, and enriching our hobby will raise a glass in her honour.

If it wasn't for amazing people like Marguerite Schultz events and get-togethers of this nature would be sparse and barren.

I will always remember visiting you two in Calgary when I went to pick up my first Brachypelma smithi. According to her tank label I believe you two had named her Dolly. Marguerite showed me one of her past times of cupping the tarantula, flipping her over, and stroking the abdomen for extended periods while in her rocking chair. Though I lacked the chair I continued this ritual with Dolly for as long as I had her.

Thank you for the knowledge and passion you have shared with everyone who chose to see these 8-legged beauties as you did.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Stan,

My condolences to you and yours at this trying time. I was looking forward to finally meeting her and I know I'm not the only one who will regret not having that opportunity. While I know it can do little to ease your pain, at least take heart in knowing that her contributions to this world will live on for generations to come.

Sincerely,
Dave

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very sorry to hear of this, sending goods thoughts your way Stan. Our hobby would be nowhere near what it is without the work of you & your wife.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Stan and family, very sorry for your loss. Stan, you spoke highly of Marguerite when me met, she sounded like a wonderful person and wife. My condolences to you.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm really sorry for your loss... Lossing someone you love is never easy... My condolences goes out to you and your family.... Her work in the hobby will never be forgotten..

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Dear Stan - only having recently known of you and your wife, pouring over these boards and reading my TKG cover to cover, I send my condolences. As a widow, I understand the heartbreak of losing a partner. It seems she had a long run, and I know you will have had many adventures together. Rest assured she will be welcomed in the next realm, perhaps by many little 8-legged babies that now know they have their Spider Grand Dame to talk to once again. I can envision quite an interesting reunion!

Marga (Leah Patton)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Stan. I am very sorry for your loss.

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My condolences to Marguerites family. She was a wonderful woman, a gifted educator and passionate Tarantula keeper.This is a loss that the world will mourn " The mother of Tarantula keeping" . All who knew her hold very dear memories of Marguerite! I was not lucky enough to form a friendship with her, yet was blessed often by her words of wisdom. Her information and passion for our loved species will lingre on forever in our minds Her words spoke volumes and her smile warmed your heart. No one would argue that she was a frontier to the keeping and promoting of proper tarantula care.We will miss you and youll forever be in our hearts.

R.I.P-"Mother of Tarantula keeping"

Vespula

Arachnodemon
The tarantula keeping world has lost an inspiration. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. She was an amazing person, although I never met her myself. Her legacy will live on in the many tarantula keepers who she has inspired, and she will be deeply missed.

Breanna