mantis life span once fully mature

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so ive had this mantis for about two months and its just turned adult last night, got wings now that are full sized, and its turned from green to green and brown, it is a griffin mantis. how long will it have left to live untill it dies now its mature? will there be time to buy a couple more and let them grow to adult and mate with her?

DITB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mantids usually just live a couple more months after becoming adult if you want to breed you will have to get it an ADULT mate :D

MooSmoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Our Chinese mantid was the first weve had to die of old age, he molted to adult on 10th april and died 3rd july, so nearly 3 months.

You may find that your mantid will eat a lot less as an adult, our chinese used to be a beast when it came to food but as an adult he'd just eat half a cricket or so every few days, if that.

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello,
It really depends on the mantis species.
Most males will die really soon. A couple months or less depending on heat and how many times it was mated.

Adult females will also live longer if they are not mated.
I had a D dessicata lived nearly 5 moths after she matured almost a full year from the time it hatched to adulthood.

good luck.

francisco

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i really doubt she will be mated, i know its a female ive sexed it. so im gonna hope for another three or four months. whats your opinions on feeding it to a T if its still alive in four months?