mantid help

TheSpiderKid

Arachnopeon
i am soon getting 3-5 chinese mantids can someone post a pic of there set up so i can get some ideas?? thans alot

~steven~

TheAssyrian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have pics but are they Chinese Giant Mantids (Tenodera aridifolia sinensis)? They don't require much by way of housing, you can probably set a rectangular terrarium with sliding screentop on one end, with a few various properly sized pieces of grapewood including a waterdish on the bottom with maybe a light layer of soil or not. This is how I am keeping my current mantid though not a Chinese Giant Mantid.

TheAssyrian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks alot!!! ill deffinately keep that into consideration!!
You're welcome, the Chinese Mantis is hardy and easy to manage not to mention the largest available in the hobby.

You're getting yerself a kick arse insect I might add!

saturniid

Arachnopeon
Just make sure they have a lot to climb on, they tend to hang upside down when they are adults.

TheAssyrian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just make sure they have a lot to climb on, they tend to hang upside down when they are adults.
Ditto. Arrange a couple of tangledly grapewood and make abit of a jungle gym but doesn't need to be overly intricate because they remain in one spot for hours and days on end.