Malaysian 3 different new spiders unknown names

Steven Busch

Arachnopeon
Malaysian 3 different new spiders unknown names. Any ideas? I would guess the first 2 are the same species...maybe different sexes or one with eggs and the other without? They are unhappy on the ground so are trying a large room with heigth.

The golden spider in the last picture I thought may be a golden huntsman but was told it is not?

Second spider.

The golden one.

Last edited:

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
More orb weavers, buddy. All three are females and probably the same species. Two are emaciated and one is well fed. Any of the three could be fertile.
They are Parawixia sp. Hopefully they will adapt well to your new set-up, along with the other one.

There are some other people here who should have a pretty good idea about your golden spider.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Goldy looks like some sort of Cupiennius?

All those skinny orb weavers look like they are gonna kick the bucket, they may not have enough reserve to silk up and make those grandiose webs.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Damit, I was hoping that no one would answer ..at least not right away. ...see if our new up and coming spider dealer could figure that out on his own. :? :rolleyes:

Yes...I do see a problem with people that dont know jack-squat about invertebrates collecting and selling them off. Its the big joke of this hobby.
Hey man, I have this spider sitting here in some muck ...can anyone ID it for me so I can properly label its price tag?

More of you people should be chiming in here discouraging this bull.

Steven Busch

Arachnopeon
Well these guys used to come in and get wholesaled off, mostly to Botar...he's gone now (same Importer, same Exporter). But I have seen posts where he, Botar, was seeking knowledge on unknown spiders that you sure seemed to want, buthus. I guess I could just stop bringing in anything that I don't know and then no one would have the opportunity to have them.

I have been receiving all the amphibians, geckos, agamids for the last year and now will be handling the inverts as well. You are under no obligation to get anything from me, but I believe the vast majority of Malaysian inverts are coming through me now. While we culture hundreds of thousands of insects as feeders for our collections it is true my experience with arachnids is very limited to pulling ticks off of my body, removing spiders from the feeder room, and trying to keep mites out of the fruit fly cultures. You are lucky you pooped out of the womb knowing it all.

Here are these guys rearranged, webs already started. Maybe now we can get rid of the fly strips in the cricket room.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, the gold one is definitely Ctenidae, not Heteropoda or Olios.

kinda looks like Cupiennius salei but maybe not.

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, the gold one is definitely Ctenidae, not Heteropoda or Olios.

kinda looks like Cupiennius salei but maybe not.
Hi,

pretty interesting to me, can you tell me more about that? {D

Regards,

S.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You best be kidding or there are going to be some fairly upset ppl here...

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have talked to more than a couple people that when they hear even the mention of a name like that will kill the spider.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What's the deal with Cupiennius salei? Is there something special about it?

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I gave my opinion what I thought it looked like...me...myself....I.....

I did not say you thought it was. And, if you know what it is, state it.

Real professional response guys,way to discuss, yeah we need more PROS like you here.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well these guys used to come in and get wholesaled off, mostly to Botar...he's gone now (same Importer, same Exporter). But I have seen posts where he, Botar, was seeking knowledge on unknown spiders that you sure seemed to want, buthus. I guess I could just stop bringing in anything that I don't know and then no one would have the opportunity to have them.
Ok. Interesting. My shoe is still on my foot though. Ill stretch a bit and give it a lick.
Look... ya got to see my point..if just for a millisecond. The 2nd sentence of your 1st post here at the biggest invert forum under the sun was asking for an ID so you can label it to sell it. :rolleyes: The spider in question is one uncomfortable looking orb weaver and is obviously an orb weaver. Legit, you did not look ...and thats my excuse for my out of the blue criticism.

as for...
You are lucky you pooped out of the womb knowing it all.
When it comes to inverts I think ive figured out some interesting stuff regarding whats in front of me, but otherwise I know jack squat and never claimed to. Just ask anyone on the boards who knows me... like What here... he'll tell ya ...that buthus dofus doesnt know nothin. ;) :D

...Botar, was seeking knowledge on unknown spiders that you sure seemed to want, buthus.
Sorry, but I dont know ...Botar seeked IDs for some pretty crazy stuff and/or was attempting to pin-point specific species. He had his generalities down...like..its an orb weaver...kind of deal. I didnt want to end this with another criticism/insult (however you swallow it) but your comparison...well...its silly imo.
I have purchased very few exotics and nil from Botar. Of course Ive burped out a few "oh my, I want some of those!" ...Botar has shown us some of (if not THE) most amazing spiders. Damn, now that I think about it...I wish I would have picked up one or two.. but I didnt. Kinda always scold myself when I have those urges because I really want to believe that they (or at least some) will go to someone with a lot more experience and time ...someone that will give an honest educated effort to figuring them out, give them what they need to produce offspring, breed them, ID them, etc. I guess its stupid wishful thinking. Reality is, most of those people are already too busy. And most of those rare/amazing creatures getting scooped out their habitats actually end up dieing behind some glass while some curious idiot like myself stares at it scratching his head wondering why the hell did I end up with that amazing but sorry-arse spider?

I hope your amazing but sorry-arse spiders do well. I guess if/when I buy some exotic asian beauties, theres a good chance Ill be attempting to buy some of yours ...but I give you permission to say they are out of stock or jack me in some otherway ...ya know.. to make up for the fact that I didnt apologies for what ive said here. ;) :D :5:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That still doesn't answer my question to what this guy said:

Are there some bad stories involved with this species or what?
Originally Posted by Stefan2209
Hi,

pretty interesting to me, can you tell me more about that?

Regards,

S.
No, the OP and his friend stefan are being repugnant. Neither know what they have yet ask questions and act like idiots to the posters.