Made my decision

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I decided that I'm gonna get a Lasiodora parahybana for my first T. And I'm already thinking of what to get next, lol. What kind of T makes a good "second" T?

mark e sic

Arachnosquire
P.Irminia (sun tiger) it looks awesome! otherwise a good ole Versi is nice

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Remember when I said I'd officially made my decision? Yeah, I kinda lied. Lmao. Now I'm toying with the idea of a G. pulchripes or just a good old-fashioned B. smithi. Any thoughts, questions, suggestions?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm partial to terrestrials: Aphonopelma, Brachypelma, Euathlus, Grammostola. IMO, you can't go wrong with species from any of those genera. GBB is a real nice species, too. Easy keepers and great display Ts. You just have to pick one and see what availability is. Keep in mind, too, that in most cases, it doesn't cost any more to ship one tarantula than to ship 3 or 4 or more... And by buying more sometimes you'll get a 'deal' or freebies. Just saying... :)

vickywild

Arachnoknight
I have a Smithi and I love her.

I cant really make any comment on the LP because mines just a baby :p

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What's the best and healthiest feeding regimen for a L. parahybana sling? In its first year?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What's the best and healthiest feeding regimen for a L. parahybana sling? In its first year?
You will get 1,000,001 answers to that... LOL I averaged feeding mine once every 7 days from 0.25" to ~3" (9 months). Then every 10 to 14 days. Now that they are 6+", it depends on the size of the prey item(s) how frequently I feed. If a big meal, I let them go a month before next feeding. If a smaller meal, then every 10 to 14 days. They would probably eat every day if I offered, but I don't like fat tarantulas.

Sweepstakes

Arachnopeon
My first was an LP adult and from him I moved on to a B. smithi sling, a P. irminia sling, and a G. rosea and love all 3. As far as feeding goes, I usually feed all my T's once or twice a week depending on the size of their last meal and how "fat" they are looking. If one starts looking a little wider than what you think a "normal" tarantula would look, I usually back off on the feeding. After a molt I usually feed a bit more heavily until they get back up to "normal" looking weight.

boosh96

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've settled on a L. parahybana again. I'm probably getting it at the reptile show on Sunday! :D what should I get for my second T?