Made a new enclosure

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Did you put holes in the top and back as well?

Aslo also add a big piece of cork bark instead of the leaves and sticks. It's easier for the T use as a hide and incorporate it into their sock web burrow.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
No I have not. I was copying another users design on the forum and I noticed they didnt. So i didn't either. Should I?
I always give my arboreal's a large piece of corkbark. I also usually add holes to the front and back or each side for cross ventilation.

BrokenSpiderman

Arachnopeon
I always give my arboreal's a large piece of corkbark. I also usually add holes to the front and back or each side for cross ventilation.
Ok cool. I can grab a piece of cork bark and add some holes to the probably the back. Thanks for your help. Always nice to have a second opinion.

cold blood

Staff member
Right, twigs and sticks are great for chameleons and mantids...but not for ts. The purpose of the wood is a stable platform for the t to anchor web from, hunt from, stretch out on and move around on safely.

Just add a nice broad piece of wood and the set up will be much better.

I also agree on adding ventilation to more sides (not sure how possible that would be with glass though).

edit: sounds like you're on the right track.

BrokenSpiderman

Arachnopeon
Right, twigs and sticks are great for chameleons and mantids...but not for ts. The purpose of the wood is a stable platform for the t to anchor web from, hunt from, stretch out on and move around on safely.

Just add a nice broad piece of wood and the set up will be much better.

I also agree on adding ventilation to more sides (not sure how possible that would be with glass though).
So should i remove the sticks and put just wide piece of wood in or just add to what i already have in there? YouTube is going to be my friend to try to figure out how to drill holes in glass.

cold blood

Staff member
As long as you add the new wood, I don't think it matters too much.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I would keep some leafy cover, especially in the top half of the enclosure.