M. Betelgeuse ?

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
It could very well not be a tarantula. I just want to find out what the heck it is !

It's been driving me crazy. I can't even find the answer on the web. Grr.

Using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S.

Transient

Arachnosquire
All right, I own the movie and I got these:

carapace.jpg

Bottom photo, although you have to squint you can tell the eye positions aren't like a Ts at all, plus the carapace is more rounded than flatish. I stand by my guess of a kind of wolf spider, or similar.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
You're right. Definitely not a tarantula.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:p

If you watch through the movie, his advertisement on the flier and on the television has the spelling of his name.
Betelgeuse.

IMDB has led me astray. I feel betrayed!

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
IMDB has led me astray. I feel betrayed!
It's okay. :) the movie cover spells it like it sounds haha
But the other spelling placed strategically like a tarantula genus and species I thought would draw more attention to the thread when people are like "What kind of T is that??" haha

With that crap I see now its definitely not a T. Now... What kind of wolf or whatever else.... Is it??? :O

Last edited by a moderator:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to open this back up. Watching the movie searching for the same thing. Looked like a tiger rump to me, but that last picture definitely looked wolfish. I'm glad this thread exists.

cold blood

Staff member
I just spend the last 10 or so minutes reading this thread...all I can think is that I'll never get that time back :eek:oh:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I'd think you'd be used to that feeling by now, given the content of most of my posts. :D