M. Balfouri - want to go communal

beesknees

Arachnopeon
I've been hearing such great successes on communal setups on Youtube and online posts. I have 3x Balfouri that were sac mates and are ~1.5 inches and have lived separately the last year.

Have any of you tried a communal setup when they're bigger but the same "age"? Thoughts on using a 12x12x12 Exo Terra? Or would it be too big?

Thanks!

Theneil

Arachnoprince
i have heard that people have heard of people mix and matching M. balfouri of different sacs, ages, sizes, etc. but no personal experience. My thoughts would be that if you want to try: Prepare a NEW enclosure, Feed all spiders if you can, and then transfer all of them at badically the same time into the new enclosure. I think that should basically limit the likelyhood of any issues happening right away, which is when i suspect there is tbe highest chance...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've done a couple communals, but only from sacmates and only when they were never separated. I wouldn't risk it if they have been separate for that length of time. Not worth it for such a valuable spider. Just my two cents.

JonoAndHisTs

Arachnopeon
Just start a breeding project so you can get more! And then do a communal with your own babies