M balfouri question

whitehaze2008

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys,

Well I am about to look into purchasing a female juv or adult female of this species. They look amazing and the price has come down so much more than it was three years ago.

Had a couple of questions. Is this species crazy aggressive? I have read so far their care is similiar to a GBB.
Does anyone know a dealer that has these available?

Much thanks!{D

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I keep my Blue Baboons

A little more moist then GBB's {Very Arid}.

If you check the CLASSIFIED section, you will find a couple for sale.

And I agree - The price has come WAY down, do 2 German success and shipments. I am working on getting some 2 Canadian Hobbyists.....So their costs come down, as well :cool:

Enjoy them & their webbing - Jason

Last edited:

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey guys,

Well I am about to look into purchasing a female juv or adult female of this species. They look amazing and the price has come down so much more than it was three years ago.

Had a couple of questions. Is this species crazy aggressive? I have read so far their care is similiar to a GBB.
Does anyone know a dealer that has these available?

Much thanks!{D
to my knowledge, there r no carzy aggressive sp.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine's not agressive at all and usually holds still when I try to remove the lid for pics.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Search the for sale page with the species name and you will find some hits..Doubtful you will be able to locate any adult females tho!At least not here in the USA.
On the topic of temperament my young female here will go into a threat display if disturbed.I've also heard her stridulate before as well.There really cool spiders just make sure to give em respect like you would any other old world tarantula!
-Chris

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Search the for sale page with the species name and you will find some hits..Doubtful you will be able to locate any adult females tho!At least not here in the USA.
On the topic of temperament my young female here will go into a threat display if disturbed.I've also heard her stridulate before as well.There really cool spiders just make sure to give em respect like you would any other old world tarantula!
-Chris
Wow, I didn't know they can stridulate! I can't wait to get one of those.

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
-Chris
wow, never heard of that before.

Knight_Exotics

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I find them pretty easy to cater to with regards to care. I bought 4 slings last summer and wound up with 1.3 - the male is the only one that will stridulate when he's annoyed. Pretty loud too for a juvie!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I find them pretty easy to cater to with regards to care. I bought 4 slings last summer and wound up with 1.3 - the male is the only one that will stridulate when he's annoyed. Pretty loud too for a juvie!

LUCKY! I couldn't win a door prize at an Avon party! :wall:

Joe - CAK

CarsinemiA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Keep them like OBT's. Treat them with the type of respect you would an OBT.