LP 'problem'

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
Hello

So my little LP has blocked the entrance of the hide. It has been 37 days after last molt,its butt was pretty dark and shiny so im sure it will molt any day now. Little thing has covered all the side holes with substrate which prevented the cross air flow. I have noticed alot of mold activity on the edges of its hide. So I'm a bit worried. Should i leave it alone until it molts and rehouse it after,or should I do it now? I'm leaning towards the 1st option.I don't want to stress it out too much right before the molting or even worse, in process of one. I didnt do a peek hole,so I dont know whats going on in there. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Peace,Billy

macbaffo

Arachnolord
I'd say leave it be. You will think about mold after the molt.
But if you have already mold after a month of some closed holes maybe there was something wrong before, be it the substrate or ventilation or something else.
Anyway a pic would be helpful.

Billy 5ek

Arachnopeon
It could be my fault,I did moist it few days before it closed the entrance. And with the closed air holes,that might be the reason. It could be the wood itself, its hard to determine the cause. Anyways, I made a little peek hole, it hasnt molted yet. So should I still postpone the rehousing or not? I doubt the mold can harm him,but better safe then sorry. If someone had the same problem,posting what you did would be greatly appreciated xD

macbaffo

Arachnolord
Moisting alone doesn't create mold. It's combined factors. Maybe the wood. Anyway leave it alone.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
Leave it be for now. Mold isn't super dangerous. Let it molt and harden and then address the mold. LPs are very hardy anyway.