Lp moulting/feeding is this normal?

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, just a quick one.. I know lp's are massive eaters etc.... And she's moulted been about 3week now and she still hasn't ate anything since her moult... Is this normal or normal in a lp? My others always gulp food right up a week after a moult.. Thanks guys :)

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
You're going to need to be more specific. Is this an adult you're talking about, how big is it, what are you trying to feed it? If it's a very large adult, it may just need another week.

Last edited:

Adam20202

Arachnopeon
You're going to need to be more specific. Is this an adult you're talking about, how big is it, what are you trying to feed it? If it's a very large adult, it may just need another week.
Not yet fully grown, still got quite a way maybe just a juvie or bit bigger 100% female though... And just a cricket not to big not to small.

rockpython

Arachnopeon
My LP has acted like a rosea at times, fasting and being a bump in general. She is healthy and growing well. As always, provide water and if her abdomen is plump, shes ok.

marquy

Arachnopeon
Mine took a little over two weeks before she ate. Before she shed she didn't eat for a month. She's at 6 inches now and eating well.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Oddly enough it's generally my most food motivated tarantulas that take the longest to start hunting again after a molt. Never made any sense to me. My G. pulchripes is ready for food in four days while my Pampho will wait two weeks or more.