lots OF PROBLEM..

achuchis

Arachnopeon
PROBLEM 1: My longimanus just gave birth and since then it wont eat. It's been a week since it ate..
PROBLEM 2: I have a 5 instar emperor. He's healthy and all but he won't stop eating. He consumes 5 superworms daily. 5 because that's the limit I gave hive and i think he still wants more..

NEED ADVISE.. THANK YOU

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
problem 1: So it doesn't eat for week after giving birth. So what? :D don't worry, this is not abnormal. Try again next week, maybe she will feed then. If not, still don't worry, she will start feeding again when the young will leave her dorsum.

Problem 2: that imp has a very healthy appetite. I think it is the food, these mealworms, probably very light to digest or something like this. Again, don't worry, it will start eating less, when it will be close to a molt.

achuchis

Arachnopeon
Thank you Michiel... I tried giving Mealworm, LATS and crickets and still my EMPEROR still eats them all..

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stop giving him so much food and he will stop eating so much food. My dog will eat 20 steaks per day if I give them to her but it is my responsibility to know that she does not need to eat 20 steaks in a day. As the pet owner it is your responsibility to provide the proper diet/amounts. The proper diet is not 5 pieces of food daily. Cut back to 2 or 3 twice a week.

Fire Starter

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its not a problem at all.. you dont need to worry scorpions can survive for weeks without food and problem 2 is only because of you, you have the power to regulate you imps diet!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stop giving him so much food and he will stop eating so much food. My dog will eat 20 steaks per day if I give them to her but it is my responsibility to know that she does not need to eat 20 steaks in a day. As the pet owner it is your responsibility to provide the proper diet/amounts. The proper diet is not 5 pieces of food daily. Cut back to 2 or 3 twice a week.

You can't compare the metabolisms of mammales with those of invertebrates. What you are saying might be the case with your dog, but this can hardly be exemplar for the metabolism and feeding behaviour of arthropods.

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can't compare the metabolisms of mammales with those of invertebrates. What you are saying might be the case with your dog, but this can hardly be exemplar for the metabolism and feeding behaviour of arthropods.

It is a reference to the fact that I control my dogs dietary needs, not her. I would be the one making the decision of what she gets to eat and if she is overeating, it would be my fault.