Lost mealworm possible pemolt T.

Dman

Arachnosquire
Fairly new to the hobby and I have a small .5" sling (H. Pulchripes)and he/she has not eaten in a couple of weeks. It has a plump abdomen and is holed up in its hide. I'm thinking pre-molt. I dropped in a small meal worm and forgot to crush the head and lost it. Should I disturb the whole set up and possibly stress a pre molt sling or leave it alone? I literally would have to rehouse it to search for the mealworm.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Oh no... Try to find it, because those mealworms have POWERFUL mandibles! Depending on size, it might be able to kill it... since you said small, it might not do damage! (I"m new too, so I might be wrong!)

Dman

Arachnosquire
I tried to find it without being too intrusive but to no avail. I suffer from being overly involved as I am still new at slings. I probably pay to much attention to them adding to the stress. It was a very small mealworm.

Michael Guirov

Arachnopeon
I would definitely dig up the meal worm, there shouldent be too much of an issue rehousing a T so long as it isent actively in the process of moulting.
The worm will likely surface when the T is soft and vunurable and eat it or wound it, they have a pretty strong bite.

Just gently coax the T into a catch cup and dig up the worm, then replace back to normal.

Its a very simple fix and really no reason to risk it.

Dman

Arachnosquire
I would definitely dig up the meal worm, there shouldent be too much of an issue rehousing a T so long as it isent actively in the process of moulting.
The worm will likely surface when the T is soft and vunurable and eat it or wound it, they have a pretty strong bite.

Just gently coax the T into a catch cup and dig up the worm, then replace back to normal.

I think you are right. I will get moving on it.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
This.

OP, if the sling isn't actually in the process of moulting then a rehouse won't hurt.