Loose Smithi

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unfortunatly I did not have the lid on his cage completely closed and now he is loose in the largest room of my house. Spent about an hour late last night looking for him. I sure hope I find him he was my first T. and I have had him since he was a sling. :(

Worse part of this is that my oldest daughter has an irrational fear of spiders and is freaking out about the whole thing. Any thoughts on finding loose T.s would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He shouldn't be too far from his cage. He's hiding nearby.

One of mine got loose and showed up a few weeks later within a couple of feet from his cage. My coworker lost his for a month, and later found it in the shelving below where he kept his t.

So just leave his cage open, and keep the water bowl filled. He might just go back by himself.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Grab a flashlight check all the darkest areas of the room. If you can, red light works best because they can't see it.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They sometimes leaves a trail of webbing witch can be reflected with a flashlight if the room is dark.

nakazanie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cat or sticky trap. If you want it to be alive, then just keep looking, I would think.

Nak

Link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One time I had an OBT that teleported out of it's enclosure somewhere into the room while I was moving her to a temporary container to clean her enclosure. It moved so fast I couldn't see where it went. I looked everywhere!! Well, in about a half an hour I figured out where it was. It fit into the tiniest crack under one of my other tanks. A surprisingly big spider fit under that crack. It hid under there until I found it.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This may sound crazy but I learned a way to help find a T in a room. My friend lost his H lividium in his living room and I came over with cylinder of compressed air and a hose attachment. I went around his living room squirting compressed air under his couch and stuff and sure enough it came running out. Can't hurt. If cleaning isn't something you practice often it will send up dust but it's better than sharing a couch with a lividium. {D

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And if you don't have compressed air you can use a hair dryer set on the cool setting.

nakazanie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This may sound crazy but I learned a way to help find a T in a room. My friend lost his H lividium in his living room and I came over with cylinder of compressed air and a hose attachment. I went around his living room squirting compressed air under his couch and stuff and sure enough it came running out. Can't hurt. If cleaning isn't something you practice often it will send up dust but it's better than sharing a couch with a lividium. {D
Interesting idea! Cool. :clap:

Nak