Looky what I found!

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Found the little bugger while I was cleaning some bird cages at a place I'm housesitting. Just sitting rght there on the shelf, out in the open. I live in Texas, San Antonio to be exact, so I'm assuming this is an Aphonopelma species. Looks a lot like an A. hentzi I used to have,but maybe someone more familiar with Texas T's can give a better ID? Despite living in Texas, I'm not that familiar with local T species. :biggrin:

aphonopelma in cup.jpg aphonopelma sp.jpg

jhalla16

Arachnosquire
lol, that's sweet that you found a tarantula haha we don't have them around here i don't think

Alexandra V

Arachnosquire
The pics are too small to tell really, but the first pic kind of looks like it's a true spider of sorts, and the second one is definitely a tarantula... :confused:

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The OP was mentioning that they used to have an A. hentzi. So I'm assuming that's a pic of it. I'm pretty sure the spider in the first pic is a true.
It's actually the same "guy" in both pics. Definitely a T, though I admit it certainly LOOKS like a true spider in the first one, just do to size and angle. I apologize for the small pics, my comp is acting and I have not been able to upload anything larger so far, but I will whenever the problem is resolved. :)

Drakk

Arachnosquire
i say looks like my brown....but then again yeah bigger pics! ^^

Robin Da Hood

Arachnopeon
Hey R.W. , from San Antonio also! Grats on your find ! On my phone right now so hard to tell by pics. Will be interesting to see bigger pics when you get a chance. Glad to know a fellow T handler close by..keep in touch!
Joe-

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey R.W. , from San Antonio also! Grats on your find ! On my phone right now so hard to tell by pics. Will be interesting to see bigger pics when you get a chance. Glad to know a fellow T handler close by..keep in touch!
Joe-
Will do! Nice to meet you. Agreed, good to know I'm among friends. I'm thinking I'll just post anew thread with better picks of this guy, as well as some others that I have/had. Thanks to everyone who has commented, I just wish i could post better pics. I agree that it looks a lot like a brown, but idk. Bigger pics will be helpful when possible, and it looks like this little "guy" has a bit a growing to do as well. So time will tell.